Friday, June 4, 2010

for the ups and downs

best friends. do you have a best friend?? i have a lot of close friends but certain ppl i would consider my go to ppl- who love me for allll the good and alll the not so pretty.
..............

one friend in particular i met the summer of 2007 in a place that is pretty much heaven on earth. i worked in GA for Winshape camp and we got placed in the same room during staff training. when i first met her i just shook my head and laughed, here is this beautiful girl with all her luggage in matching vera bradley and a cute lil accent....and so it begins :) we instantly connected during the first 2 wks. of training-- i just knew that we would be friends forever. it's now 2010 and she is still soo close to my heart-- besides that summer we have seen each other 4 other times, a total of 4 times in person!!! the rest of our relationship has been spent over the phone, texting, letters, email, cards, memories and prayers.
i love that no matter how much time has passed since we last talked it never seems that any time has passed. she knows my heart and has a beautiful love for Jesus. she has encouraged me, loved me, and listened to me through some of the happiest and toughest moments in my life and i am forever changed by her love for me and others.
.............

the next person that comes to my mind has been in my life all through college. this person was a friend of a friend but a certain event occurred which brought us close.
lots of laughs and talks and meals/coffee do we share :) have you ever known someone who you feel most like yourself around?? i cherish the moments where i don't have to be looking/acting a certain way. i know this person's heart well and it's in the right place-- always thinking of others and wanting to make a difference.
i know i can count on them to do what they say they are gonna do, pray for me, encourage me, listen, and have a lil tough love. our friendship is give and take-- words don't describe how thankful i am to have them in my life. have we ever had any awkward moments.... never!!
this person has given me such a godly example of what i want out of a relationship and i know they won't let me settle :)
you will always have a special place in my heart,
..............

~let me just say that A LOT of ppl have touched my life and i will never forget them. just bc i have chosen to write about 3 ppl doesn't mean i couldn't write about 30 ppl i consider to be part of my life and have had a HUGE impact on the woman i am today-- YOU are LOVED!!~
..............

lastly, but certainly NOT least, i give you the story of someone who might just have been separated from me at birth- lol
we met 2 summers ago and let me tell you when she first came up to me i was like what....are u kidding? no one is THAT nice haha she was going on about my tattoo and how beautiful it was-- not once did she stop smiling. i will never forget her giving me her cell # and when i asked her to spell her last name she did and then said you know, just like Jesus was. i knew right there i was in for such a journey!!
we spent an unforgettable wknd together that summer and bonded right away. things that might not get talked about until more time has passed in a friendship were talked about and right away a piece of my heart was with her.
i have never laughed so hard or cried so freely with someone. things that would normally be made fun of or held over your head are never something to worry about in our relationship. there is true freedom in letting go of expectations. when tough love needs to be had there is true growth in us individually and in our souls. don't you love when you have so many inside jokes or things you know will make them laugh, even if it's just one word ;) our friendship is special in that we have also been able to grow our bond through the distance. we rely on phone calls, skype--haha, texts, memories and prayers. at my times of low she knows how to calm my heart with just the right words. i know she will always be in my life and that things will only get better and better. i admire her so much!! i continue to let iron sharpen iron :) she encourages and affirms in me the woman god has made me to be. her spirit is so free, she knows who she is in god and she is bold with her faith. thank you for being my rock, my comforter, my person when the world has fallen out from under me... i am forever blessed by the memories we have and cont. to make!!
.............

don't you just love when ppl come into your life and you are amazed at how you went through life all of your life without them?? all of these ppl and so many more have been such an example of jesus in my life! that's what this life is all about right.... we were made for relationships :) let god be at the center of your life and you will radiate his love-- you may be the only jesus some every meet.
someone once told me, if ppl aren't asking you what makes you so different you're doing something wrong. how will you leave your mark?

No comments:

Post a Comment