Saturday, October 15, 2011

all i want is a dream life, life :)

27. this is the new number in my life a.k.a my age as of Wed :)
A constant theme leading up to my birthday and after from friends: "hope this is the best year yet," "you deserve the best," "this is going to be your rock star year" -- I have some pretty special ppl in my life who not only encourage me but believe in me. Which is just what I need :)
You see, I live not only for Jesus but for my dream life... no student loans, giving back to friends, family, and strangers- no matter how big or small the cost, changing the lives of others, traveling, being married, having a family, working with a passion and working on my own time, being a part of the bigger picture, etc. To some my dreams seem just like that- a dream. God has given me the desire though to go after what I want, to not give up even when faced with challenges, to persevere. The trouble with having all this passion for your dreams is the wait. Learning how to wait well...I fail at patience time and time again. We live in a society that craves for everything to be instant upon our request.
I came across a message from a friend that really hit home for me then and had the same effect a year later. I hope that no matter where you are in life that you have not given up on your dreams :) Whatever desires God has placed in your heart He has given you-- go after them!!

so read the words of a fellow human in waiting :)

I had a realization last week about WAITING.
Like a lot of people I know, I’m not a huge fan of waiting. I’ve become more patient the last few years, but waiting still isn’t on the top of my list of favorite activities. Waiting is tough. Sometimes waiting makes me excited, but more often than not, it makes me confused, lost, tired, weary, depressed, anxious, lonely, doubtful, paranoid…in other words, no matter what it is that I’m waiting for, waiting doesn’t always bring out the best in me.
But here’s what I realized. I often forget that God’s timing is perfect. He has already seen all things from beginning to end. He knows all our needs and He knows when to provide them. All of the wonderful things that God has in store for us are already marked down in His datebook.
Let me say that again.
All of the wonderful things that God has in store for us are already marked down in His datebook.
So we can twist and turn and beat ourselves up, trying to manipulate God’s timing, but it won’t work. We can try to make ourselves “more ready” or push ourselves to places where we think we ought to be, in the hopes that we’ll get to our “promised land” sooner than later, but all our efforts will be in vain. The appointment is already marked. And the date that God marked is perfect.
Here’s an illustration: I love Christmas. I love choosing gifts for my loved ones, and I love receiving gifts as well. I love all the parties and the food, I love the weather, I love the red cups at Starbucks. But no matter what I do today, December will not come tomorrow. I can write down my shopping list, prepare my budget, and buy Christmas wrappers, but tomorrow will still be June, and Starbucks will still have white cups. So what do I do in the meantime? I can’t live every day of June, trying to convince God and everyone else around me that it’s December. Not a good idea. I just have to remember that June is June, and there will be a lot of great blessings that will come with this month and this season, and I have to live in the moment and keep my eyes, ears, and heart open for what God’s going to do today, this week, this month, and this season.
How blessed are we, that He who holds our datebooks is faithful, loving, and all-knowing! And He reveals bits and pieces of His good, pleasing, and perfect will today, tomorrow, and each and every day of our lives. :)
“He has made everything beautiful in its time.” – Ecclesiastes 3:11

No comments:

Post a Comment