Friday, February 11, 2011

T-minus 40 days

40 days.
this sounds like a lot of time. it's not. my heart just beats with excitement everytime i do something in preparing for this trip! my dreams at night are filled with children's faces of whom i have never met yet, conversations that may or may not happen, and tears of happiness.

i am amazed at how god is already moving and working in not just my life but the lives of my friends and family wanting to give in any way to the ppl of uganda :) blesses my heart to see his ppl part with their "things" so others may benefit. YYYESSSS :) :)

i got an email from katie today- it was a message from rebecca informing us uganda is in the midst of elections and she said tensions are rising and she is actually going to leave for a few days until things settle down. would you please pray for the country of Uganda during this election time. that the Lord would allow it to be a peaceful election and that no one would get hurt.

i started journaling about ths trip last night and pulling encouraging verses from my bible. i couldn't help but think back to the "beginning" of how this chapter of my life started. god really has had his hands all over every part of me getting to where i am right now!! from high school, transfering colleges, breakups, my dad passing away, the roommate i was placed with at mvnu- who led me to get my job at winshape- which in turn is where i met katie :) thats just the nutshell version and i know everyone can sit down and just play back certain situations and transitions and be amazed.... god is good :D

thank you for being a part of my journey.
be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment