Wednesday, February 2, 2011

i need you more

"Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few." Matthew 7:13-14 ESV

Discovering God’s dreams for your life is a matter of accepting that your life is not your own. Few, if any, lessons are learned when the path is easy. It’s the windy road with the potholes and the detour signs that stretch the muscles of the heart. But the emotional and spiritual growth is priceless.

If you want to discover God’s dream for your life, you must come to the end of yourself. For “whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it” (Matthew 10:39).

When life gets difficult, surrender your plans to God. It’s the detours that lead you to the end of yourself and to the true beginning of your intimacy with Him.

Prayer
Dear God and Father. Forgive my impatience when life takes turns and detours I’m not fond of. Change my perspective that I may see your hand in the sudden stops and the altered directions I’m not expecting. Let me stay calm as I follow your plans. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment