Thursday, February 24, 2011

God is bigger- He is proving it :)

today has been unreal!!!!
1. one way nate and i are raising awareness and support for My Father's House is through a concert-- a couple of our friends are involved with finding bands and venues to put on a concert-- all proceeds go towards an organization. well the past couple yrs. it has been held in mt.vernon they have helped raise a couple thousand dollars...so this year they have chosen My Father's House :) at first it didn't look promising...they couldnt find bands, and didn't have a confirmation on the venue...but today nate told me that the venue is confirmed and that search for bands is going better than expected!! our hope and goal is to have an AWESOME turn out-- we would love to take a sweet check with us to present to the orphange!!!! soo, march 12th if you're not doing anything come hear some sweet bands and be a part of something bigger than urself ;)

2. a couple wks. ago i put in my fb status that i was looking for an iphone 3G-- i didn't really know why i just knew that it was needed at the orphange-- i kinda forgot about it, and if you know me you know how often i change my fb statuses ;) out of the blue a friend of mine responded to that message:
Ashley, I have a 3G that I would love to give! It works fine -- I just upgraded to a 4. Let me know how I can get it to you!
Ashley Butte - oh my gosh...ths would be FANTASTIC!!!! rahel thank you :)
they will be soo blessed by this!!!!
um ok i could meet u somewhere? drop by my work? come to monday night dinner monday?
Ashley Butte i cant even spell i was so excited lol
Rachel Luckhart Hmm...I am off work tomorrow...where do you work or live??? I would be happy to drop it off to you!
Rachel Luckhart LOL...I know the feeling!
Ashley Butte i work in gahanna-- like intersection of morse rd and hamilton rd.
Rachel Luckhart Okay I will plan to swing on by sometime in the AM! I'll FB you when I'm getting close! Yayy this is awesome, I was praying God would direct me to someone who needed it rather than it just sitting in my desk drawer! Praise!
Ashley Butte awww im crying...this makes my heart soo happy!!!
and rebecca- the woman who runs the orphanage who will be giving it to the person-- i told her and she was soooo excited!!! its gonna be an awesome suprise-- one we will capture on film for s...ure :)
thank you thank you!!!
Rachel Luckhart Aww this is awesome!!! Blessed to be a blessing! I'll text you tomorrow :) Thank you for this opportunity Ash! I'm excited!!!
Ashley Butte awesome!!!!
God is good :)
i dont have words

3. nate is super talented in the mulit-media field :) he really wanted to be able to use these gifts in uganda- so he sent rebecca an email inquiring about their needs and expressing his interest in capturing life and the organizations. she LOVED this idea and told him she has been praying for someone to come who is gifted in this area!! ahh i mean by this time in the day i just couldn't even believe all that was happening and how much God was moving and has been a part of this plan b4 we knew we were a part of this trip....which is what we are told in the bible...He knows every detail of our lives b4 we were even born, He has a plan, a purpose, so to see this come together... wow.

4. 2 very good friends of mine work at companies that i thought might be able to help out, 1 at elmers- yes the glue company ;)(the headquarters in in cbus) and the other at bayer in pitts. i mentioned to zack that i was collecting any and everything to take to the kids in uganda. he said he would mention it to some ppl at elmers and see what he could do-- tomorrow i'm going to pick up 2 HUGE boxes full of school supplies, books, markers, crafts, etc. that the ppl at elmers were more than happy to give away :) AMAZING. and amanda who works at bayer is giving me tons of adult and children vitamins!!!

5. are u as EXCITED as i am yet?!! for real, Jesus is reaching out and touching the lives of ppl, the passion inside me is growing more and more everyday- i haven't even been there yet and i want to go back!! lol
ok so my last praise story- i asked keith (pastor and leader of my small group) if i could tell the group about my trip/donations tonight- he said sure :) i get to small group and he starts talking about the global perspective of a christian, what that means and how God cares about issues of poverty,hunger,education,and unfair government. as i am listening to him i begin to realize that this topic is about missions,reaching the world, how to do that, how God LOVES the world and we should too. at the end he says, ashley didn't know i was gonna speak on this tonight but there are 2 ways you all can be a part of something to reach the world- and he let me talk about my trip and the donations that were needed :) he even gave me a huge bag of tshirts tonight he was going to take to goodwill ha

i just can't wait to see the faces of the children and ppl of uganda that are going to be soo blessed by what U are doing in their lives!!
i don't take any credit, i am just a vessel being used by God for His ppl :)

THANK YOU for reading this novel haha
please continue to pray for the preparation of this trip and team i am going with :)

1 comment:

  1. Ash, that is amazing! I continue to pray for your upcoming journey and I love getting updates! Isn't it amazing what God can do when you just let go of everything and wait on Him?! I love it! Keep being a blessing! Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete