Thursday, August 19, 2010

closer to love

what are you willing to give up in order to be closer to God?
are we all one phone call from our knees?
mat kearney has a song called "closer to love"-- here are some of the lyrics:

If every building falls
And all the stars fade
We'll still be singin' this song
The one they can't take away
I'm gonna get there soon,
She's gonna be there too
Cryin' in her room
Prayin' Lord, come through
We're gonna get there soon

[Chorus:]
Oh it's your light,
Oh it's your way,
Pull me out of the dark
Just to show me the way
Cryin' out now
From so far away...
You pull me closer to love
Closer to love

i know God will do what is necessary to bring us closer to Him, to remind us that He is all we need- if everything/everyone was stripped away from us, would we still know we are loved?? hard to imagine??

i had to make some pretty tough desicions the past couple wks. but i know God is soo good :)
my best friend reminded me that God knows my pain, He promises to go thru the pain with me.

Romans 8:26 says just that: "In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words".

so even though my heart breaks when things are taken away, i know God has a plan far greater than anything i could ever come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment