Sunday, June 27, 2010

~the world i come from~

i still believe in love. in fairytales. in chivlary. in marrying your bestfriend. in dreams coming true.

i believe that we serve a god, our father, who wants to make all our dreams come true! but, when we pray do we pray for specific blessings? no matter how little or big, god wants you to ask him- specifically.

a past roommate of mind and good friend once told me to make a list. a list of qualities/characteristics/looks, i was wanting and or attracted to in a man. no matter how silly it may seem- ex. nice teeth- i am a teeth fanatic...so thats something i notice right away in a guy. so, we both wrote out these lists and read them to eachother. i know i still have that list somewhere but since then i have changed and so have the desires in my heart.
now, i'm going to share some of the desires i have in my heart- and some of you may roll your eyes and say tha expectations are to high or that i will never find someone who is perfect. and i'm not looking for perfection but, i'm also not looking to settle for less than god's best. he WANTS to give us HIS BEST!! so why can't my dreams and so much more come true??

this entry is from 2 yrs. ago and i called it: the world i come from...
~ love jesus
~ there would always be love
~ being a true gentleman is a part of this man
~ this man just gets me; allows me to be the woman i am and LOVES it :)
~ my best friend
~ i wouldn't want to go a day w/out him
~ slow to anger- very imortant
~ loves to dream with me
~ dependable
~ makes me feel like the most important girl in his life
~ not afraid to be w/me in public and show affection
~ loves to take walks
~ has nice teeth :)
~ can surprise me
~ treats me with respect
~ only lets me cry happy tears
~ likes children and is good with them
~ has a mother and or father that i love and respect
~ can share his heart with me and not hold back
~ i can't wait to wake up with him by my side :D
~ just by being him, all my dreams come true
~ when we fight/argue how does he handle the situation? would i rather fight w/him then with anyone else?
~ does my heart sing for him?-- a wise woman once asked me while i was in a relationship if my heart sang for this current person i was dating. and i didn't really understand what that meant but, she went on to explain that when i thought of him did my heart feel at home? did i long to be with him? was my heart/soul happy?
~ a man who loves his mom and dad; doesn't mind when i have a close relationship w/eiher of them
~ helps me to grow in my faith- therefore setting the tone to how he would be in marriage/head of household

so you get the idea ;)
and let me tell you i have AWESOME guy friends who have bits and pieces of all these qualities. and i have been so blessed to be around and have relationships with ppl who have these phenominal marriages-- i know it is possible to have all that you desire.

so don't settle.

i say this a lot to others and myself- we all carry around this invisible list of must-haves for our future husband/wife-- i'm not saying this is a bad thing but ask yourself if you are your list...before we ask for such things from someone make sure that you can be that person for someone as well. there is gonna come a time where the man/woman in your life is weak or at a low point and where they fall short you will need to be strong and vice versa.

be bold with ur desires before your father. he WANTS to give them to you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment